Catherine is a user experience design leader who has over 15 years of experience in designing and building teams that design great product experiences. Currently at Red Hat, she manages teams who build enterprise experiences for developers and IT professionals in hybrid cloud environments.
Catherine’s full experience can be seen on LinkedIn. Her blog posts related to Red Hat’s projects can be seen on Medium. Blog posts and work for her personal portfolio can be seen below through the categories below:
- Scaling User Experience – Keystone projectsWhen I talk about Red Hat and the growth we've had in the User Experience Design (UXD) team over the past few years, I am often asked how we … Read more
- UXD Levels of EngagementI often find that I need to discuss the different ways we are engaging with teams with stakeholders. As a central UXD organization in Red Hat, we have to … Read more
- UX Project PrioritizationNow that I've been at Red Hat for nearly 5 years, I've built a lot of relationships with teams and individuals across the organization. As a UX leader in … Read more
- Going from request to requirementsUser experience practitioners often end up needing to disentangle the web of asks and turn those into solid requirements that are actionable. Requests typically start quite broad when working … Read more
- Where should UX sit in the org?Should UX sit in engineering, product management, marketing, under a special design organization, or somewhere else? There are advantages and disadvantages to each. A few weeks ago I attended … Read more
- User Stories, Scenarios, and Use CasesStakeholders use the terms 'User Stories', 'Scenarios', and 'Use Cases' often, and usually interchangeably. What are these things and are they the same or different? Well – they are … Read more